Sunday, March 13, 2011

Star of the Week Poster

Per the request by the comment posted below, I am posting this project.  This is a poster I made for my daughter when she was Star of the Week.  We were supposed to show how our child has grown.  Her name was across the top in large colorful print, but I decided to crop that out.  For the poster, I included a 3x5 matted picture from baby, 1, 2, 3, 4 and present (she is 4 1/2), with smaller unmatted pics in between.  For each year I added a look alike paper doll (Baby - Cricut Stretch Your Imagination; 1, 3, 4 & Now - Everyday Paper Dolls; 2 - Paper Doll Dress Up; Peachy Keen Stamps - Wide Eyed Kids Assortment), each increasing in size and reflecting her then current hairstyle. 

I had so much fun making this.  It was funny, my daughter was helping me & I had planned to use the paper doll that is at the 4 year mark with her "Now" picture.  She told me that I could not use that one there.  It looked like it belonged at 4 years.  Being the dutiful mom that I am, I made another paper doll for her "Now" picture.  She was right, we made it look just like that picture!

One important thing, I used a repositionable adhesive to mount the items on the poster board (I did NOT use my ATG).  That way when I am ready, I can add the pictures & paper dolls to my scrapbook!

1 comment:

  1. Oh, how sweet! Great job...Good luck with your blog! I am a new follower and excited to see what you come up with. Feel free to stop over to my blog and follow too:)
    Sherrie K
    http://sherriescraps.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete